Whale Videos - Vava'u, Tonga

Thursday, August 29, 2013

These are a few underwater video delights which we took while in Tonga. It's a mixture of swimming with the whales, the audio track of a 'male's whale song' and finally some neat footage of the caves we visited. Enjoy!
This is a video of our swim with a mother, calf and chaperone. It's difficult to get a sense of their sizes but they were huge - at least up to 15m in length. The calf was trying to feed several times near the end of the video.
This calf was so inquisitive - amazing!
This is the audio that I recorded from a male whale which was 15 meters below me. The sound was so strong I could feel it vibrating through my body

These are two videos of my swim in Swallow's Cave - a beautiful place in Vava'u which if you time the afternoon lighting correctly is magnificent!

No comments:

Post a Comment